POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why do my sPatch models suck? : Why do my sPatch models suck? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Why do my sPatch models suck?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Mar 1999 22:37:46
Message: <36db5d0a.0@news.povray.org>
Can anyone give me any pointers on sPatch?  I've read tutorials here and

there but seem unable to make non-hideous human heads. I think that this

is a marvel of a program, and it works (;-) on Win98!

I got the impression from reading some tutorials, perhaps those of
Antonin Makovic (extreme apologies for mispelling a half-remembered
name), that it is a sort of organic process that can take just an hour
if one is good.

I seem to start with an OK but oversimplified face, and then touch it up

to death to the point where it is hideous.  I cannot resist the
temptation to tilt the face back a few degrees at a time, then make all
the points of lines straight.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'face.jpg' (12 KB)